There is something about Interiors us girls at Noosa Rugs cant get enough of. We are Inspired daily by Noosa’s cool chic beach style, fashion forward interiors, eye popping furniture and of course our clients homes that we get to decorate with beautiful Rugs. We hope this page can provide you with a bit of Rug envy and allot of Rug inspiration.
Warming up an otherwise cold space, this beautiful rug was purchased by one of our loyal customers and makes a funky beach house with polished concrete floors a more inviting space.
Our display window Is the perfect space to see how your rug will look in a living space before you purchase it to take it home.
We love seeing how our rugs look In your home!. Please email us pictures of your fabulous Noosa Mats & Rugs purchases to email@example.com to be featured on our social media accounts.
Rugs, Hall runners, Cushions and door mats can be used to complement your existing décor or as the foundation from which to draw inspiration for the entire room. You may choose one piece as the centre point of your home, or use rugs of different styles and materials throughout to create a flow of movement from one area to the next.
Area rugs can be used to define space in a room. Large rugs are becoming increasingly popular as an alternative to wall-to-wall carpeting for creating moveable living spaces that are easy to update, especially in open plan living. Most popular in living rooms and bedrooms, this size can be used as a statement piece or neutral base to create a décor island while maintaining a sense of openness and space.
Smaller rugs can be used on their own as an accent piece in space conscious settings, or you can layer multiple rugs together to create a warm and homely environment. We recommend achieving the layered look with rugs of a similar palette, with varying textures and materials to create interest and appeal. This works especially well when incorporating non-traditional floor coverings.
We pride ourselves on being first to market with the hottest trends in floor fashion.
The best way to stay up to date on is to keep in touch with us via social media and our newsletter, where we feature the latest trends and new product arrivals.
Generally, most rugs will fall into the following styles: traditional or modern.
Traditional rugs are faithful reproductions of genuine hand knotted pieces. They are perfect for a classic setting, or you can use them to add old-world charm to modern décor.
Traditional rugs will work in both classic and modern settings, and often feature unique finishes like a vintage wash look to recreate the style of a hand knotted piece at an affordable price. They will usually feature a colour palette that aligns with todays fashion trends but still fit in that traditional classic styled home.
Modern rugs are a broad category, from delicate neutrals to bright geometric patterns. This style features every size, texture and material you can think of! You can style a modern rug with décor of a similar style.
Some are ultra modern, with bold patterns and modern production techniques creating a stylish product that is best suited for fashion forward customers looking for a statement piece. A block colour rug can also be considered a contemporary style, when the materials create interest by incorporating modern fibres such as art-silk to create subtle variations for a minimalist look.
Natural Fibre Rugs will work in any room but add a simplistic feel to freshen up any space. Perfect for the beach home or the eco friendly family.
- Use a rug pad to extend the life of your rug, prevent sliding and to protect your floors
- Have your rugs professionally cleaned every three to six years, depending on the level of use
- Lightly vacuum once or twice a week. Use the hard floor attachment and the lightest possible setting
- Avoid powerful vacuums that may pull fibres loose from the base of the rug
- Vacuum the base of your rug occasionally, as dirt can accumulate here as well
Spill and Stains
- Blot spills with a paper towel or colourless cloth, and do not wipe or scrub
- When spills may cause a stain, you can immediately apply a small amount of mild soap and warm water
- Blot excess liquid with paper towel or colourless cloth, removing as much soap as possible as residue can act as a magnet for dirt
- Make sure you choose a very mild soap free from any bleach or hydrogen peroxide
- In most cases, warm water and a small amount of soap will take care of spills if attended to quickly
- For further cleaning tips, please contact your rug cleaning professional
Easy Care Options
- Non-shed (less vacuuming): microfibre, polypropylene
- Low shed (less vacuuming): short pile acrylic , vintage wool (see Handmade catalogue for more information)
- Spill and stain resistant (less cleaning): polypropylene, acrylic
- Dirt resistant (easy to clean): sisal